Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Sometimes, the itch to bake comes suddenly and the battle between the mind and body begins. My psychically tired and lazy body refuses to do move but my mind is working overtime with the numerous recipes I want to try.

This recipe was born out of my mind-body conflict. All you need is a big bowl and a sturdy spoon/spatula/whisk. Mix, bake, and wash – all completed in an hour flat. Out of sheer laziness, I used Skippy chocolate peanut butter but you can always use a combination of peanut butter and cocoa powder or melted chocolate. If you like, throw in a dash of chocolate chips for some bite.



The result is a soft and moist cake and yes, you can and should have more than one serving.

Showcasing my scones as well - if you love scones, hop over to my scones recipe
(makes 6 cupcakes) 

Ingredients
1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
1 egg
1 tablespoon honey
120g peanut butter
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
20g cake flour

Method
1. Mix together all the wet ingredients (banana, egg, honey) and sieve in the dry ingredients (baking soda, baking powder and cake flour)

2. Bake in preheated oven of 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes or till cupcakes are springy to touch and/or toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...