Monday, January 6, 2014

Sweet Potato Latte (Goguma Latte) Recipe

In my trip to Korea early last year, I chanced upon Sweet Potato Latte (Goguma Latte) at Hollys. It is the company’s signature drink, a 445-kcal hot drink made with milk, sweet potatoes and almonds. The weather was still chilly then and the tasty drink made me all warm and fuzzy.

I miss Hollys, I miss my goguma latte and I want a Hollys franchise! Or someone else bring Hollys to Singapore. But since I don't know when that might be and with my craving chewing me inside out, the only way left is to recreate the drink.




There are two main ingredients to this drink, sweet potatoes and milk. I used normal red sweet potatoes you can find in packs in supermarkets. Goodness knows where I can find Korean sweet potatoes in Singapore. If you know where and if they don't cost a bomb, drop me a line :)

It is easy to make this drink, steam the potato, peel off the skin and blend with warm milk. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top. A perfect Christmas drink! Except Christmas is over but hey, you don't need Christmas for this simple, delicious, creamy concoction...


Ingredients
1 sweet potato (about 150g)
1.5 cups warm milk (depending on how thick you want your drink)
1 tsp sugar
Dash of cinnamon powder

Method
1. Steam potato till soft and peel away skin. Mash up roughly with fork to release the steam.

2. Warm milk and sugar in microwave or over flame.

3. Blend potato and milk together. Add more milk if you want a "thinner"/less dense taste/texture. Serve with a dash of cinnamon powder on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...