Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe

Weekends are great times for brunch and my pancakes craving kicked in again. Last time round, I paired my pancakes with lemon curd, left-over from my lemon curd tart. This time round, I had decided to pair my pancakes with sautéed apples with cinnamon.




The fragrance of cinnamon and sweet soft apples went superbly with pancakes and trust me - you will be wanting seconds.

(makes 4-5 pancakes)
Ingredients

For pancakes 
65g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
15g white sugar
1/2 egg
120ml buttermilk (I added 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to 120ml of fresh milk and left to stand for 10 minutes before use)
15g butter

For apple cinnamon topping
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced (I used red apples as that was what I had on hand)
1.5 tbsp brown sugar
20g unsalted butter
3/4 tsp cinnamon
50ml water
2 tsp corn flour/starch

Method
1. Prepare pancakes. I used half portion from my previous try.

2. Prepare apple cinnamon topping. Heat saucepan and melt butter. Add in apples, sugar, cinnamon and water. Sauté till soft. Add in corn flour and mix well. Apples should look glossy and slightly starchy. Serve with pancakes. (refer to Apple Crumble Tart Recipe)


Tips
You can use granny smith green apples instead of red apples

Pair it with a salad for a filling healthy meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...