Monday, July 15, 2013

Soft baked Chewy Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe

I am a huge fan of chewy, soft baked cookies. For those who have not had a chance to try such cookies, make a trip to Subway or a nearby grocery store and look for Pepperidge Farm soft baked series. Soft baked cookies are simply delicious - eat them plain or dunk them in milk. So start grabbing your favourite chocolate and make soft baked chewy cookies with me!


I adapted my recipe from Averincooks, changing the measurements to metric system. For the extra chocolatey-ness, I "accidentally" emptied my remaining dark chocolate covertures into the batter. I can assure you of a cocoa-high when you bite into a cookie.




Ingredients
113 unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar (Replaced and reduced from original recipe)
1 large egg
1 tbsp homemade vanilla extract (Refer to my recipe)
190g plain purpose flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
50g dark chocolate covertures
Pinch of salt

Method
1. Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract together till light and fluffy. It took me 7-8 minutes on a normal stand mixer at speed 3 or medium-high


2. Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda. Add them slowly into creamed mixture, mixing well for 1-2 minutes on speed 1



3. Add in pinch of salt and chocolate covertures. Mix well and chill in fridge overnight. For me, I placed my cookie dough in the freezer for 1h 45 minutes


4. Before baking, take dough out of fridge and leave at room temperature for 15 minutes. Use a tablespoon and scoop 1 heaping spoon of dough and shape into small ball. Place on lined baking tray and bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes. I baked for about 14-15 minutes as my oven's a little wonky. The cookies are ready when they have set and are dry to touch


Tips

You can choose to replace chocolate covertures with chocolate chips or omit completely. Chocolate covertures are the size of chocolate buttons.

If you find the cocoa levels of this recipe overwhleming, another soft bake chewy recipe you can refer to is Chewy Subway Chocolate Chips Cookies Recipe

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and I'm looking forward to try out your other recipes (especially Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies)!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...