My recipe is shared by Chef Tomoko Higashiguchi of Patisserie Glace from herworldplus. It seemed pretty easy, with steps similar to my previous Cheese Tart recipe but flavoured with Matcha/green tea and addition of gelatine and yogurt. Usually, in no-bake cheesecakes, either yogurt or whipping cream is used but this time around, both are used. Interesting to see how those two will gel together!
IngredientsBaked tart crust (Refer to posting on Basic Tart Crust Recipe)
1 tsp powder gelatine
1 tbsp/15ml water
40g white sugar
40g plain yogurt (I used Meiji aloe vera flavoured yogurt, removing the aloe vera)
100g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia block cream cheese)
2 tsp lemon juice
200g whipping cream
2 tsp matcha/green tea powder
1. Prepare tart crust
2. Sprinkle gelatine onto water and leave to stand for 10 minutes. This is allow the gelatin to "bloom" for use later
3. In a saucepan, heat yogurt and sugar until sugar melts. Add in gelatine. Remove from fire and leave to cool.
4. Beat cream cheese till fluffy. Add in yogurt mixture and lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Beat whipping cream till soft peaks. Mix well together with cream cheese mixture. This will serve as the filling for your tart.
6. Place matcha/green tea powder in another bowl and pour a portion of the filling into it. Mix well. I go by the ratio, 7:3, 7 parts filling for green tea and 3 parts as white. This is to create the marble pattern on the tart.
7. Pour matcha/green tea flavoured filling onto tart first. Add unflavoured filling on top. Using a chopstick or edge of spatula, swirl around to create marble pattern. Chill for 3-4 hours in fridge before serving.
If you do not want to create the marble effect, you can just add all the matcha directly into the filling and mix well.
For a stronger green tea flavour, you can increase to 3-4 tsp of green tea powder. Add, mix, taste and adjust to preference