(makes 240ml of cream)
I followed joyofbaking's recipe with the following adaptations
1. Used 300ml of low-fat fresh milk
2. Omitted liqueur
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together and add in flour
2. Scald fresh milk with half a vanilla bean.
3. Remove milk from heat and whisk slowly into egg-flour mixture. Pour in milk in small portions to reduce curdling.
4. Pour mixture back into saucepan over stove and cook for another 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Keep a close eye on your mixture as the cream gets burnt easily!
Do not throw away vanilla bean after use! Wash and dry it and place it in your sugar container for vanilla-scented sugar.
Fold in 200ml of sweetened softly whipped cream for a lighter pastry cream.