Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dark Chocolate Almond Tart Recipe

A sweet buttery crust coupled with dark chocolate and roasted almonds; you really can't go wrong with this combination.



I adapted this simple recipe from Happy Home Baking. I love the fact that this chocolate ganache is made out of fresh milk, chocolate and butter; ingredients I have readily on hand. Whilst using whipping cream will add more flavour, I don't like to end up with left-overs (1 pack of whipping cream comes in 200ml). You can play around with the type of fresh milk used as Happy Home Baking did with banana milk. I chose to go with conventional high-cal, low-fat fresh milk. I will probably try it with chocolate milk next time to see if it gives the ganache an extra boost in taste.

(makes one 20cm tart)

Ingredients

*refer to original blog posting here

The modifications I made include;

1. For tart crust, reduce sugar to 50g from 80g. I also used 70g of ground almond and 140g of plain flour and 100g of cake flour as I ran out of plain flour.
2. For filling, omitted Kahlua coffee liqueur and used almond flakes instead of pistachios.

Method

*refer to Basic Tart Crust Recipe

1. To prepare the chocolate filling, I melted the butter and milk by placing them in the microwave for 40 seconds. Once the butter has melted, I poured in the chocolate and mixed well. You can see that the end-product is smooth, thick and glossy!

 

2. Pour chocolate ganache into baked tart and decorate as desired. I used almond flakes which I toasted in the oven for 10 minutes at 170 degrees, position top rack.



Tips

1. Instead of using dark chocolate, you can use milk chocolate. For additional flavour, dairy whipping cream can be used in place of fresh milk. 

2. Let tart chill in the fridge for at least an hour before cutting. This is to allow the chocolate ganache to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...